RN Cardiac Observation Unit
Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Memorial Health University Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) RN Cardiac Observation Unit and access programs to assist with every stage of your career. We are currently offering a $10k sign on with 1 year experience and a 2 year commitment.Benefits
Memorial Health University Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our RN Cardiac Observation Unit opening and continue to learn!Job Summary and QualificationsCardiac Observation Registered NurseThe Cardiac Observation Registered Nurse coordinates and delivers high quality, patient-centered, consistent with the scope and standards of practice in our state-of-the-art Chest Pain Unit. In collaboration with medical providers and other members of the care team, the RN provides individualized, comprehensive, and compassionate care using established nursing models such as “Assess, Perform, Teach, and Manage" and serves as an advocate for patients/families/caregivers while modeling a commitment to the organization’s vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall departmental performance.What you will do in this role:· You will apply principles of cardiac and medical-surgical nursing in providing patient care.· You will maintain a knowledge of medications, procedures, and equipment commonly used in the care of cardiac and medical-surgical patients.· You will provide pre-operative and post-operative Cardiac nursing care.· You will provide pre-operative and post-operative patient teaching and education related to specific Cardiovascular procedures or adaptations in health status resulting from treatment.Minimum Qualifications:· Associates degree in nursing required, Bachelor’s preferred.· Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in accordance with law and regulation.· Previous Emergency Room, Critical Care, or ICU RN experience is preferred.
Memorial Health University Medical Centerhas provided quality healthcare services since 1955, giving patients access to highly-trained physicians and advanced technology. Our600+ bed hospitalis one of the region's leading acute care facilities that serves 35 counties across southeast Georgia and southern South Carolina. Located in Savannah, Georgia, we are a regional referral center for heart care, cancer care, trauma care, children's care, high-risk pregnancies and high-risk newborn care. Our hospital includes the region's onlyLevel I trauma center and children's hospital, as well as the Savannah campus of Mercer University School of Medicine.
At Memorial Health, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our RN Cardiac Observation Unit opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.