RN - Diabetes/Nutrition Educator
The Diabetes Nurse Educator utilizes a systematic approach to nursing by incorporating assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in the practice of nursing. Provides healthcare to individuals, families, and communities within the RN scope of practice as defined by the Illinois Board of Nursing.
- Provides and facilitates competent health care of patients and families in area of practice. Ensures adherence to established standards of care and scope of practice.
- Ensures documentation of care is complete and accurate.
- Provides health and wellness education to individuals and groups.
- Acts as preceptor and supports the development of other staff and healthcare students.
- Provides leadership for initiatives designed to improve the quality of care or clinical outcomes.
- Completes all documentation required for the ADA Recognized program
- Assists with communicaty and organziation projects
- Completes clinical and educational assessment on all patients.
- Develops individualized teaching plans for self-management (Diet, Medication, Self-care)
- Implements evidence based clinical practice guidelines to provide diabetes education
- Provides education to all patients utilizing an insulin pump.
- Collaborates will all providers and members of the health care team