Registered Nurse RN Progressive Care Unit PCU
Description***For a limited time, Parham Doctors Hospital is offering $10,000 sign-on bonus to RN's - 1 year experience required . Current HCA employees do not qualify. ***
Henrico Doctors' Hospitals is a 767 licensed bed facility that consists of five community campuses, Henrico, Parham and Retreat Doctors' Hospitals, West Creek Emergency Center and Hanover Emergency Center. Parham Doctors’ Hospital, a campus of Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, is located in the west end of Richmond. Parham Doctors’ Hospital is a 200-bed facility offering medical and surgical programs including orthopedics, behavioral health, bariatrics, imaging, rehabilitation services, 24-hour emergency care, sleep disorder, podiatry, primary care, and occupational health. The Parham Doctors’ Hospital campus is home to The Orthopedic Hospital, one of the most honored joint and spine programs in the state. HCA
- 63rd on Fortune’s 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
- Named by Ethisphere one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Assistance
- 16 private beds
- Types of patients include GI Surgery, stroke, cardiac, neuro, telemetry, post-surgical, drip medications, chest pain, etc.
- Fast pace unit that is a great stepping-stone to critical care allowing a nurse graduate to develop foundational nursing skills, learn medications, task management, and develop critical thinking skills.
- This unit requires a nurse who can perform in a fast pace setting and quickly learn task prioritization and time management with the support of leadership.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
Meet PCU team members:
Required Job Qualifications include:
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a current license as a RN in the State of Virginia or compact license.
• Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.