Patient Care Manager RN (Hospice) - $7500 Sign on!
Company Overview: The Patient Care Manager (RN) in Hospice serves as a clinical leader for clinical staff in the hospice agency as well as an alternate for the Executive Director if not available. The Patient Care Manager strives to assure regulatory compliance, clinical excellence, adherence to up-to-date Plans of care, and financial and administrative control of agency processes. If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our (INSERT BRAND) team. HEART OF HOSPICE LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and home and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people. Essential Functions:
- Assist Executive Director with all patient care activities to ensure the delivery of safe, economical and efficient patient care which adheres to relevant standards of accepted nursing, regulatory, medical practice and payer source criteria.
- Assists Executive Director with employment of qualified personnel, verification of licensure or certification as required by law prior to employment and annually thereafter, and certifies and maintains records to support competency of all agency personnel.
- Assists Executive Director with formulation and maintenance of agency policy and procedure manuals that establish and support the highest possible quality of patient care, cost controls, quality assurance and mechanisms for disciplinary action for infractions.
- Assists Executive Director with supervision of the employee health program.
- Assists the Executive Director with assurance of compliance with local, state and federal laws and promotes the health and safety of staff and patients/families as well as the community through problem resolution, complaint investigation, refers impaired staff to appropriate authorities, provides in-services to staff to promote the health and safety of the patient, to familiarize staff with regulatory issues and agency policy and procedures.
- Assists Executive Director with orientation for agency personnel and collaborates with Executive Director on evaluation of agency personnel.
- Assists Executive Director with compliance of regularly scheduled continuing education for agency personnel.
- Assists Executive Director with oversight of care provided by staff promotes the health and safety of the patient.
- Assists Executive Director to validate that agency policies are enforced.
- Assists Executive Director with staff recruitment to ensure that adequate staffing is maintained
- Serves as a member of the Interdisciplinary Group, Quality Assurance Performance Improvement initiatives, Chart Audits and participates in strategic agency planning. Participates in QAPI plan and processes.
- Current RN Licensure
- Current CPR
- Current driver's license, valid vehicle insurance and access to a dependable vehicle
- LA: A minimum of two (2) years full time experience working as an RN. Two (2) years of full time clinical experience in hospice care as a licensed practical nurse may be substituted for the required two (2) years of experience as a registered nurse AL, AR, AZ, FL, GA, ID, IL, MI, MO, MS, NC, NJ, NV, , PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, , WV: No additional state specific requirements.VA: Experience with terminally ill