RN Post-partum - Travel Nurse
We're looking for Post-Partum/Mother-Baby RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Houston, TX. The right RN should have 1-2 years' recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
As a Post-Partum/Mother-Baby Travel Nurse, you will perform a dual role of caring for infants and educating mothers about infant care. RNs should have experience assisting new mothers with physical and emotional needs during the post-partum period while in the hospital setting.
As a Post-Partum/Mother-Baby Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Maintain a comfortable, safe and clean environment for both mother and infant.
- Provide basic newborn care, as well as assess for critical signs and symptoms of mother and newborn.
- Assist mother with any hygienic needs; check for post-partum bleeding.
- Inspect C-section incision, when applicable.
- Monitor emotional status of mother and provide appropriate support.
- Provide mother with education on care of infant, including feeding, bathing and diaper changing.
- Post-Partum/Mother-Baby Travel Nurses should be able to stand and walk for long periods of time, as well as bend, lean and stoop without difficulty. RNs should be able to easily lift 20 pounds. Moving or lifting of patients may require lifting of up to 50 pounds at times. Post-Partum/Mother-Baby RNs may face hazards from exposure to chemicals and infectious diseases.
Mother and Baby Active TX license or compact, no temp accepted Certs required: BLS,NRPExperience required: 2 Years