RN NICU - Travel Nurse
We're looking for Neonatal Intensive Care Unit RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Houston, TX. The right RN should have 1-2 years' recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
As a NICU RN, you'll provide critical care to sick and premature infants. Alongside the rest of the care team, NICU RNs assist in providing round-the-clock care to these patients and support to the parents. Parental support can range from emotional encouragement to advising parents on the proper care of their infant when they return home.
As a NICU Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Care for infants transitioning to extra uterine life.
- Monitor vital signs and initiate corrective action when necessary.
- Provide nutritional assessment and specialized feedings.
- Change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs.
- Provide arterial and intravenous therapy.
- Monitor and adjust specialized equipment used on patients, such as incubators and ventilators.
Active TX license or compact, no temp accepted Certs required: BLS,NRPExperience required: 2 Years