RN ICU - Travel Nurse
We're looking for Intensive Care Unit RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Peoria, IL. The right nurse should have 1-2 years recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
As an ICU Travel Nurse, you'll be responsible for evaluating and monitoring patients in an Intensive Care Unit setting. ICU RNs provide the most direct care to patients in life-threatening situations, documenting and providing physician-directed care, assessing and implementing patient care plans, and delegating to other care providers as appropriate. As an ICU RN you will also be providing education and support to patient families, possibly for long-term care needs.
As an ICU Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Provide basic bedside care.
- Prepare, administer and record prescribed medication, reporting any adverse reactions to treatment.
- Order and evaluate diagnostic tests.
- Take samples for lab work, order corresponding lab work and interpret reports.
- Monitor and adjust specialized equipment, and interpret and record electronic displays.
- Ensure proper placement and functioning of catheters, leads and tubing.
- Communicate patients' conditions to family members.
Must have 2 years experience. Our patient population is heavier and sicker than a Stepdown, Tele or Gen Med floor. Intermediate is a level of care above these units and a level below ICU. We are constantly monitored, take care of patients who are trached and ventilated, some gtts, swan ganz with hemodynamic monitoring, post op day 1 or 2 open hearts, cardiac procedural patients, etc.Need to be able to go between ICU and INT