RN PCU - Travel Nurse
We're looking for Progressive Care Unit RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Allentown, PA. The right RN should have 1-2 years recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
As a PCU Travel Nurse, you will care for patients who require close monitoring and frequent assessment, but aren't unstable enough to need ICU care. Progressive Care Unit RNs will utilize computer equipment to monitor cardiac and other vital information, detecting any changes and thereby enabling intervention of life-threatening or emergency situations. Close observation is necessary as many PCU patients receive a significant amount of complex medications, sometimes through an intravenous line that may need to be adjusted or titrated. The PCU RN is sometimes also called a step-down nurse, and the PCU is also known as cardiac stepdown, medical stepdown, neuro stepdown, surgical stepdown and ER holding.
As a PCU Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Provide basic bedside care; stabilize critical cardiac patients.
- Change dressings, insert catheters and start IVs.
- Prepare, administer and record prescribed medication, reporting any adverse reactions to treatment.
- Monitor and adjust specialized equipment used on patients, and interpret and record electronic displays.
- Initiate corrective action whenever information from monitoring equipment shows adverse symptomatology.
Transitional Open Heart Unit (TOHU) - Active PA license requiredCRISIS RESPONSECerts required: ACLS,BLS,NIHExperience required: 2 Years