Registered Nurse RN Cardiac Intensive Care CICU - Sign On Bonus
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
***For a limited time, Henrico Doctors Hospital is offering $10,000 sign-on bonus to RN's - 1 year experience required. Current HCA employees do not qualify. *** Henrico Doctors' Hospitals is a 767 licensed bed facility that consists of five community campuses, Henrico, Parham and Retreat Doctors' Hospitals, West Creek Emergency Center and Hanover Emergency Center. Henrico Doctors’ Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We are a Level II Trauma facility, offering specialized vascular surgery, Neurosurgery, a comprehensive certified stroke center, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery; we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries. HCA
- 63rd on Fortune’s 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
- Named by Ethisphere one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Assistance
- 12 bed unit.
- Provides a high acuity level of care to a wide variety of cardiac and medical patients at a 2:1 patient to nurse ratio.
- The patient population includes diagnosis such as unstable angina and myocardial infarctions, arrhythmias, acute renal failure, acute respiratory failure, arrhythmias, cardiogenic shock, pneumonia, and sepsis.
- CICU also cares for patients who have undergone cardiothoracic surgery including cardiac bypass, complex valve replacement/repair, and TAVR. CICU consists of patients who require invasive hemodynamic monitoring, mechanical ventilation, EKOS (PE and extremities) continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT), ECMO, IMPELLA, intra-aortic Balloon Pump, and induced hypothermia.
- Performs and documents total physical assessment for patients within unit Scope of Care.
- Analyzes pertinent data, communicates findings and documents information.
- Utilizes equipment and performs special procedures competently as related to unit Scope of Care.
- Organizes and prioritizes nursing care for a unit specific patient assignment.
- Administers all medications utilizing the 5 rights to medication administration.
- Initiates and documents patient teaching and discharge planning including family and/or significant other in collaboration with multidisciplinary team members.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge pertinent to nursing practice in Critical Care.
- Communicates effectively with peers, supervisors, ancillary department and other customers.
Required - Current Virginia license or license pending results of State Board.
Preferred - One year experience in area of clinical expertise of which applying.
Required - Graduate of accredited School of Nursing with current license as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Virginia or compact license.
Preferred - BSN degree or currently enrolled in BSN Program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer celebrating diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.