RN Transition to Acute Care Training Program Med Surg Telemetry Full Time Nights
RN Transition to Acute Care Training Program AdventHealth Fish Memorial Location Address: 1055 Saxon Blvd Orange City, FL 32763 Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth
- 16-week training program to prepare you to work in an acute care setting
- Hands-on learning and support from our nurse education team
- Immediate healthcare benefits and coverage Career growth and advancement potential
- NURSING PROCESS: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA], 2012) NURSING PROCESS: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as needed. Nursing practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit. (King, 1995) NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to, lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population. PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care. COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand-off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
What You Will Need:
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills Knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures Ability to work as a Team player within a unit Effective verbal and oral communication and problem-solving skills EKG competency testing (based on patient population) Graduate of a school of nursing Minimum of six (6) months of experience Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred Minimum of 1 year of nursing experience preferred Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse Basic Life Support (BLS) certification Professional Certification Preferred
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.