Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse
St. David's Medical Center is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.Benefits
At St. David's Medical Center we want to ensure we support you through all stages of your life as a nurse. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discountsincluding Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at St. David's Medical Center!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Labor and Delivery (L&D) unit, you will coordinate and provide patient care for all assigned patients. You will conduct initial and ongoing assessment of the patient and family, develop an individualized patient care plan, provide family-centered patient teaching, identify and correct variances from the patient care plan, and facilitate discharge planning and teaching.
* You will complete an admission interview upon patient arrival and completely document the patient assessment
* You will identify changes in the patient’s condition and act promptly and appropriately to report changes to the physician or charge nurse
* You will assess and document patient educational needs and instructions given upon admission and throughout hospitalization
* You will provide psychological and social support to the patient and family
* You will facilitate interdisciplinary discharge planning
* You will accurately administer and legibly document medications
* You will keep the physician and/or Clinical Nurse Coordinator aware of significant information or changes related to the patient and family
* You will continuously evaluate the plan of care to determine need for modifications
* You will provide individualized nursing interventions based on the plan of care, and document patient responses to interventionsWhat qualifications you will need:
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) or Advanced Life Support (ALS) certification required per St. David’s Healthcare policy
* Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required per St. David’s Healthcare policy
St. David’s Medical Center is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility features a 24-hour emergency department, the region’s largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David’s Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full scope of services provided at St. David’s Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women’s services, complex surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery Center. The facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. David’s Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Labor and Delivery Registered Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.