Registered Nurse (RN) Med/Surg Telemetry
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
“SIGN-ON BONUS” AVAILABLE! Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse to join our family. Come be a part of the change! We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake - Webster, TX Registered Nurse (RN) – Cardiac MedSurg Tele- 6HT HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake is a 610-bed acute care facility hospital offering inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services. The campus includes Level II trauma capabilities, a Neuroscience Institute, The Heart & Vascular Hospital, a bariatrics program, the Breast Diagnostic Center, a wound care center, a level III Neonatal ICU, and the area’s only pediatric emergency department and pediatric ICU. HCA Healthcare Clear Lake is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center. What you will do in this role:
- Responsible and accountable for nursing care rendered in the department, based on the Nursing Process – assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care in compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Integrates service into the organization’s primary functions.
- Responsible for coordinating and integrating interdepartmental and intradepartmental services.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
- Recommends a sufficient number of qualified and competent persons to provide care and treatment.
- Determines and ensures the competence of all staff members is assessed, maintained, demonstrated and improved on an ongoing basis.
- Continuously assesses and improves the performance of care and services provided.
- Maintains quality control programs, as appropriate.
- Responsible for orienting and providing inservice training and continuing education for all persons in the department.
- Recommends space and other resources needed by the department.
- Participates in selecting sources for needed services not provided by the department or the organization.
- Supports the mission, goals and objective of the hospital.
- Maintains and improves own nursing knowledge.
- Maintains JCAHO standards and Patient Safety Goals; stays up-to-date on guidelines for other regulatory agencies.
- Follows up in a timely manner in response to all patient/family concerns, including communication with the Administrator-on-Site.
- Attends all assigned committee meetings.
- Revises and maintains Policy/Procedures; recommending changes with appropriate.
- Ensure through Put Plan is implemented, continuously reviewing for process improvement.
- Reviews EMAR Scan Reports, assessing for staff education/process improvement.
- Responsible for ensuring core measure patients are identified and protocols followed.
- Responsible for initiating best practices for department.
- Responsible for trending Physician Satisfaction, Employee Satisfaction and Patient Satisfaction reports.
QualificationsWhat qualifications you will need:
- Current Texas Licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Associates Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BLCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification within six months of employment
- One year experience in Medical Surgical, Cardiac or Telemetry in acute care setting
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.