RN LD - Travel Nurse
We're looking for Labor and Delivery RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in Birmingham, AL. The right RN should have 3 years' recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
L&D Travel Nurses provide care and support for women before, during and after delivery of a baby. L&D RNs must ensure that the medical as well as emotional needs of their patients are met at all times throughout the birthing process. As an L&D RN, you'll be responsible for assisting physicians when epidurals or pain medications are administered, episiotomies are performed, or when the patient requires preparation for a cesarean delivery.
As an L&D Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Stay with and monitor patient throughout labor.
- Monitor contractions and help patients with breathing techniques.
- Check cervix periodically to monitor progression/lack of dilation.
- Ensure beds are kept clean and dry; clean up bodily fluids expelled before and after birthing process.
- Aid physician with drapes, gloves, gowns, delivery instruments, etc.
- Immediate care of newborn.
3 years of exp. BLS, ACLS, NRP, Intermediate FHMRequires candidates who have worked in high volume and high acuity facilities. And has the ability to handle high acuity and paceCommon Diagnosis/Treatment: Induction of labor/labor/delivery/recovery; cesarean section/pre-op and post-op care; cervical ripening; D&C; pre-eclampsia/eclampsia/HTN; diabetes; coagulopathies# of Beds: 19 LDRs, 4 OR, 6 OBED beds, 4 RRNurse to Patient Ratio: 1:1-2Charting: Centricity, CernerScrub Color: n/aAreas of Float Support: within scopeSpecial Procedures: GE fetal monitor, Alaris IV pump, PAS pump, Stryker labor bed, OR table, Bovie, epidural pumpAWHONN staffing model; 24/7 in-house OB and anesthesia coverage