RN - Emergency Department (ED)
The staff Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via the utilization of the nursing process, nursing trends, technology, financial and human resources within the philosophy of the institution.
- Performs all responsibilities and duties required by unit as specific to the scope of service. Implements procedures and theories related to the specific area of practice. Maintains up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to assure the integration of information for use by the healthcare team.
- Completes initial assessment upon patient admission and develops appropriate plan of care in accordance with unit standards and that is based on patient and family needs. Implements plan of care, nursing interventions, and patient care procedures. Modifies plan of care based upon continuous evaluation.
- Takes responsibility for patient and employee safety by reporting and/or correcting safety hazards and incidents.
- Communicates with others directly and in private when necessary to resolve issues. Offers constructive feedback to assist in the professional development of peers, and confers with colleagues to expand knowledge base. Identifies own learning needs and takes initiative to begin appropriate solution.
- Fulfills all requirements of departmental competencies.
- Implements procedures and theories specific to ED nursing
- Performs patient assessment and develops care plan in collaboration with providers, family and patient. Executes plan of care and nursing interventions. Modifies care plan based on continuous assessment.
- Is responsible for patient and staff safety through appropriate nursing interventions, adhering to safety standards and correcting/reporting safety hazards
- Effectively communicates/collaborates with staff, visitors and families to promote a healthy and healing work environment
- Provides feedback to peers to aide in professional development, increase knowledge base and problem solve
- Maintains accurate and up to date patient records/documentation