Registered Nurse Geriatric Psych - Sign On Bonus
OverviewDo you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Mission Health, our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a Geriatric Psychiatric Registered Nurse to join our healthcare family. This is a full-time, day shift position on the Geriatric Psych unit. Eligible for $5,000 sign-on bonus for full-time offers accepted by 12/31/2021. Payout is in the first paycheck with a 2 year commitment to Mission Health Only new hires eligible for sign-on bonus; prior employees have to be separated from Mission for at least 1 year to be re-eligible for sign-on bonus. Current HCA employees and those employed by HCA anytime in the last 1 year are not eligible to receive the sign on bonus The Geriatric Behavioral Health Nursing Unit at Mission Hospital is a 9-bed nursing unit that serves individuals who are aging; patients who are aged 65+ and who have mental illness such as dementia, Alzheimer's or any other mental illness and who may be experiencing exacerbations of their illness. Nurses seeking to work on this unit and with this patient population are most successful when coming to the unit with a solid foundation of medical nursing skills already in place, as many of our patients may also be experiencing medically-complex issues and multiple co-morbidities. Nurses working on this unit have an exciting opportunity to balance the use of their medical skills with their behavioral health nursing skills to provide the utmost in compassionate care to this often-vulnerable patient population. Benefits
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At Mission Health, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including: · Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending· Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave· 401k retirement plan· Identify Theft Protection· Pet Insurance· Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)· Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage· Tuition reimbursement· Student loan assistance program· Employee discount program and lots more! At Mission Health, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Geriatric Psych Registered Nurse opportunity. Job Summary and Qualifications:
- Provides leadership which facilitates the delivery of professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients.
- Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to provide, delegate, supervise and document care and teaching of patients and family.
- Implements medically prescribed interventions.
- Required Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Effective 3/1/18 Bachelor of Science in Nursing OR enroll in a BSN or advanced degree program within 6 months AND obtain a BSN within 4 years of hire date into RN position. Previous signed BSN commitment letter OR grandfathering will be accepted between departments and Mission Health entities. Exemptions may be approved with CNO System Council approval.
- Required License or Certifications: Must have and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse License Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBON Certificate: BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Required Experience: One-year hospital nursing experience required for Registered Nurse positions, please see Preferred Experience for additional department-specific experience needed for this position.
- Preferred Experience: Prior experience in behavioral health nursing