ICU Clinical Nurse Coordinator
About Del Sol Medical Center
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan assistance, and employee discount program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Under the general supervision of the unit Director or designee, the Clinical Coordinator assumes responsibility for the direction and coordination of all functions in the unit, in collaboration with the Director or in the absence of the Director. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the Clinical Coordinator is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit. The clinical coordinator also collaborates with the Director regarding budgetary and strategic planning opportunities for improvement. The Clinical Coordinator assists the Director in providing nursing leadership to the unit and overseeing the clinical operations of the unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
- Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
- Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
- Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
- Clinical Role Model - Demonstrates an advanced level of clinical skills and the ability to support others to achieve the delivery of quality care. Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided for the unit, in collaboration with the Director.
- Leadership - Demonstrates interpersonal skills and competency in leadership, supervision, and management of staff. Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the absence of the Director.
- Administrative - Demonstrates excellent skills in planning, organizing, and managing personnel resources in a cost effective and productive manner for the operational area of the nursing unit. Plays an active role in scheduling and ensuring the needs are met for the unit in terms of staffing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current RN licensure in Texas or compact state.
- Current BLS certification
- Current ACLS certification
- NPR Preferred
- TNCC Preferred
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Minimum College: Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
- 2 years of critical care experience.
- CCRN, TNCC
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transfer physicianGÇÖs orders.
- Knowledge of body substance isolation.
- Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Acute Care Experience