RN Rehabilitation Unit FT Nights Daytona
Registered Nurse Rehabilitation Department AdventHealth Daytona Beach Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117 Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Daytona Beach
- Up to 5k sign on bonus and 3k relocation Career growth and advancement potential High quality of life, low cost of living on the sunny shores of Daytona Beach, FL. Great benefits
- Full time Night
- Applicable experience required. Full Time employment contract required. Rehires within 12 months are not eligible. Internal Candidates are not eligible.
- Applicable experience required. Full Time employment contract required. Rehires within 12 months are not eligible. Must live 50 miles outside of campus address
- Demonstrates effective assessment skills to ensure quality patient care is provided.
- Performs and documents accurate initial assessment per unit standard which may include: initial observation, obtaining and interpreting information in terms of the patients' needs, safety, discharge planning, psych/social/cultural, family needs, multi-system physical assessment, patient/family level of knowledge and readiness to learn about disease process and care requirements. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician.
- Observes and monitors patient lab work for trends and reports abnormal lab tests to the appropriate physician and obtains appropriate interventions.
- Utilizes clinical data to implement appropriate interventions.
- Performs and documents ongoing patient assessment which accurately reflects patients' physical and mental status ranging from child to geriatric according to unit standards and patient condition.
- Initiates use of restraints per hospital policy and procedures. Demonstrates commitment in the use of safe and appropriate alternatives prior to the application of any patient restraint device. Maintains competency in the application, monitoring and care of the patient in restraints.
- Demonstrates critical-thinking skills when analyzing basic and advanced cardiac rhythms in a safe, competent and independent manner (Unit Specific).
- Consistently develops an appropriate plan of care for patient from admission to discharge.
- Develops, prioritizes, and documents a plan of care that is individualized and involves patient, family, and/or significant other in goal setting per unit standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge and ability in the preparation of patients for tests, procedures and surgeries ordered.
- Establishes appropriate implementation of nursing actions to ensure competent nursing care is delivered.
- Provides individualized goal directed nursing care to patients in the nursing unit, utilizing the nursing process and standards of nursing care.
- Documents physical assessments in on the electronic medical record. Assesses patients for desired and undesired changes in their mental/physical condition according to unit standards. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician and obtain appropriate intervention.
- Maintains a professional rapport with physicians, patients, and families. Utilizes communication skills appropriate to age-specific needs.
- Provides the necessary and appropriate education to the patient and family from admission through discharge. This includes, but is not limited to, the patient’s know medical and nursing plan of care, medications, tests and procedures, disease process, and discharge instructions. Initiates and documents the education provided including the patient response and outcomes on the patient/family education record. Initiates referrals to health care providers as necessary.
- Provides general supervision and guidance of permanent licensed and non-licensed nursing personnel and temporary nursing personnel i.e. – RN, LPN, PCT U.S, M.T. in the job functions for the delivery of safe, therapeutic and quality patient care outcomes.
What You Will Need:
- Graduate of school of nursing with a minimum of an Associate of Science degree or diploma.
- Active Florida RN license required or active multi-state RN license Current AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Current AHA Advanced Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), NPR, S.T.A.B.L.E. and/or Emergency Nurses Trauma Nursing Core Class (TNCC) Certifications may be required upon hire for certain departments. Refer to facility policy
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.