Registered Nurse (RN) Psychiatric Geriatric
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse (RN)
Behavioral Health Inpatient Geriatric
Full Time Day 7A-7P 0.9 FTE
West Palm FL
Facility Description:Located in the heart of West Palm Beach, JFK Medical Center North Campus is an extension of your trusted JFK Medical Center family providing the same exceptional care with access to a larger network of services. JFK North Campus is a 245-bed acute care facility that has been serving the community since 1975. JFK North is accredited by the Joint Commission. We are the largest provider of Behavioral Health Services in Palm Beach County offering the full continuum of prevention, treatment and support to address mental health and wellness for Children, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric patients. Our 88-bed Pavilion adjacent to the campus is the largest Baker Act Receiving facility in the county that accepts children while our outpatient services include a partial hospitalization program (PHP), and both adult and adolescent intensive outpatient programs (IOP and AIOP). Our additional services include: a 24-hour emergency department, critical care, comprehensive diagnostic imaging, outpatient rehabilitation, orthopedic care, wound management and a pain management center. With more than 700 colleagues and 900 medical staff, we are committed to delivering compassionate patient experiences and positive medical outcomes. We invite you to join our team and become part of a larger family of great healthcare professionals.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At JFK North, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
Provides professional nursing care within the Behavioral Health Department. Coordinates care planning with other disciplines. Provides care that meets the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care. Treatment of Psychiatric patients. Work as a team with tech, length of stay 3-5 days.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification
- Current CPI Certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- One year (1) year of Psychiatric Nursing experience preferred.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.