Registered Nurse Operating Room PT Days South Overland Park
Registered Nurse Operating Room AdventHealth South Overland Park Medical, Dental and Vision Avialable Day One Location Address: 7820 W 165 Street, Overland Park, KS 66223 Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth South Overland Park
- UP to $12,500 sign on bonus with a commitment agreement signed for eligible candidates
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite child care center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
- Utilizes the Nursing Process (Assess, Plan, Implement and Evaluate) to provide optimal patient care.
- Demonstrate accurate assessment skills appropriate to my patient population and based on evidence, policy and practice standards when caring for all patients regardless of complexity or need.
- Assure patient safety by adhering to established policies and procedures and utilizing patient safety resources such as mPPID. Implement a plan of care according to identified physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize nursing interventions based on patient needs and in conjunction with unit activities and resources available.
- Actively participate in bedside shift report, safety huddles, multidisciplinary patient rounds and hourly rounding to gather all information necessary to care for my patients, anticipate their needs and provide for a smooth hand-off to other members of the health care team.
- Provide patient teaching/discharge planning to promote optimal patient outcomes.
- Provide routine and specialized teaching/discharge planning throughout the patient stay to prepare the patient/family/significant other regain independence prior to discharge.
- Provide individualized teaching plan based on assessed learning needs, education level, language spoken and level of understanding.
- Provide patient and family/significant other with a completed Teaching/Discharge Plan which includes specific information regarding medications, follow-up and community resources as needed.
- Document all pertinent information (health history, assessment, test results, plan of care, teaching and patient response) in a timely manner according to departmental policy.
What You Will Need:
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing
- Previous Experience Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or obtained within 4 years of employment
- Kansas Registered Nurse License
- BCLS obtained through the American Heart Association
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.