RN Regional Orthopedic Navigator Waterman
RN Regional Orthopedic Navigator AdventHealth Waterman Location Address: 1000 Waterman Way Tavares, Florida 32778 Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Waterman
- Great Benefits
- Career growth and advancement potential High quality of life with low cost of living just outside of Orlando, Florida
- Full Time Days
- Responsible for patient education included but not limited to 1:1 teaching, preoperative classes, developing and utilization of regional teaching materials and implementing and monitoring the family "coach" program.
- Develop and implement, in conjunction with marketing, a community outreach program for orthopedics that includes but not limited to health fairs, physician lunch-ins, local community events, education events, speaking engagements.
- Utilizes and monitors a data tracking system for orthopedic outcomes through the care continuum such as patient satisfaction, surgical data, patient outcomes, and identifying areas that require improvement, in order to provide key statistics and outcomes at governance meetings.
- Manage, monitor and assess current quality metrics required by national organizations and evidence-based practice for optimal clinical outcomes.
- Facilitates Orthopedic Governance meetings with surgeons and multidisciplinary team members.
- Works with Regional Orthopedic team on developing and reviewing orthopedic policies and procedures.
- Works closely with marketing to develop patient education materials, community outreach material to help inform the community and increase market share.
- Develops, facilitates, and monitors selected performance metrics and ensures compliance with all activities required to achieve and maintain a Disease-Specific Certifications with The Joint Commission.
- Conducts daily rounds on in-patients with physicians to ensure desired patient outcomes. Coordinates care issues with the surgeon and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Works closely with Case Management concerning post-op discharge planning and decreasing length of stay.
- Works in partnership with nursing to develop strategies to improve HCAHPS scores to meet or exceed the organizations’ established goals.
- Works in conjunction with clinical educators and nursing staff to ensure competency and understanding the needs of the orthopedic patient.
- Acts as a resource to patient care staff of the Orthopedic inpatient unit.
- Ensures physician satisfaction by monitoring their needs, developing relationships and following through with problem resolution, recognition and performance improvement, including regular visits with surgeons' office staff if needed.
- Facilitates working with other campuses, regional team and finance to prepare and implement Bundled Payments according to Medicare guidelines. Strives for evidenced based practice and demonstrates critical thinking skills to ensure optimal, safe outcomes
- Must possess Excellent communication skills and the ability to be flexible and function in a stressful, fast changing environment.
- Must possess advanced knowledge in the specialty of Orthopedics and Orthopedic Nursing.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & Power Point preferred.
- Skilled in providing age-appropriate education. Professional and leadership skills, ability to interact appropriately with patients, families, treatment team and physicians in regard to care management interventions and illness adjustment issues.
What You Will Need:
- 2 or more years’ experience in the acute care orthopedic setting.
- BSN, MSN or MBA preferred.
- Must possess a current Florida Registered Nursing License.
- Current BLS certification.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.