Mother Baby Support Specialist
In keeping with Dignity Health philosophy and values, the Mother Baby Support Specialist provides a variety of specialty services to Outpatients and Inpatients in the perinatal/maternal/newborn setting. These services, include but are not limited to out-patient antepartum testing and out-patient newborn hearing screening; lactation assessment, support, education and consultation; instruction in various maternal/infant education programs, and facilitates the breastpump rental program.
- Current California RN license
- Certification in Lactation support - CLE, CLC or IBCLC
- BLS certfication
- One (1) year health education experience
- Bachelors degree in Nursing, Health Education, or related field is highly desirable
- Lactation assessment, facilitation, and support experience required, and related mother-baby experience preferred
- Masters degree preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
At Dignity Health, we believe in the healing power of kindness. Since 1912, we have been giving something forward to the people of Oxnard, California. St. John's Regional Medical Center is a 266-bed facility employing more than 1,200 caring professionals and a medical staff of more than 600 active physicians. We offer a 23-bed acute rehabilitation center, and provide a wide array of programs and services that include oncology, cardiovascular, maternity care, orthopedic, weight loss surgery, spinal disease treatment, community outreach and more.