Neuro Trauma ICU Nurse - Sign On Bonus
OverviewThis position is eligible for $5,000 sign-on bonus, payable in your first paycheck. Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Mission Hospital, which is a part of the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare. BenefitsWe are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At Mission Hospital, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including: * Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending* Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave* 401k retirement plan* Identify Theft Protection* Pet Insurance* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)* Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage* Tuition reimbursement* Student loan assistance program* Employee discount program and lots more! Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Mission Hospital! Job Summary and Qualifications
- Provides leadership which facilitates the delivery of professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of patients.
- Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to provide, delegate, supervise and document care and teaching of patients and family.
- Implements medically prescribed interventions.
- Required Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing or enroll in a BSN or advanced degree program and obtain a BSN within 5 years of hire date into RN position. Grandfathering will be accepted between departments and Mission Health entities. Exemptions or extensions may be approved by the facility CNO and reported out to the CNO Council members. Each facility will ensure tracking of exemptions should this information be needed. RNs with 10 years or more of experience are exempt.
- Preferred Education: Master’s in Nursing.
- Required License/Certifications:Must have and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse License Compact) license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBON Certificate: BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Preferred License/Certifications:National Certification in area of specialty
- Required Experience:One-year hospital nursing experience
- Preferred Experience: Large, high acuity ICU in a trauma center
- The Neuro Trauma ICU is a 20 bed unit. Our patient population varies to include neuro patients as well as trauma patients, stroke patients, Traumatic Brain Injuries, elective craniotomies, those coming from surgery performed by Trauma surgeons, overflow from MSICU, etc.Typical nurse-to-patient ratio is 1:2Collaborative relationship in multidisciplinary rounds with providers
- Culture of teamwork - team members care for patients and for each other like family