Registered Nurse (RN) Cardiovascular Step Down Unit
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse Critical Care Step Down Unit Full Time Day Shift 0.9 FTE Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL **Sign on bonus offered to qualified candidates** Facility Description:
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast providing interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include adult and pediatric emergency services, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, as well as inpatient and outpatient surgical services.
Lawnwood is designated by the Joint Commission as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. The Physical Rehabilitation Center is CARF accredited and we are designated a Level II Trauma Center by the Florida Department of Health and verified by the American College of Surgeons. We also offer a freestanding ER in Vero Beach providing emergency treatment for adults and children closer to home. Additionally Lawnwood offers the area’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). At Lawnwood patients come first – no matter what! We invite you to work in a fast-paced environment with a team of top healthcare professionals while enjoying a culturally vibrant, yet laid-back quality of life centered on Treasure Coast beaches, boating, fishing, community and the outdoors.Benefits:
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
• Student Loan Repayment*
• Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
• Paid Personal Leave
• 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
• Identity Theft Protection discounts
• Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
• Adoption Assistance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
The CCSD RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida or recognized compact licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and Certification
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- One year of Acute Care Nursing experience preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.