Clinical Nurse Consultant (RN) - Travel - Chico CA
CVS Health has a powerful purpose – “Helping people on their path to better health.” To enable this purpose, we have several initiatives, existing and new, that are re-inventing pharmacy and enabling better health outcomes. At Omnicare, we support our company’s purpose by delivering practical and innovative solutions to address the needs of continued care communities.
This critically important role is responsible for delivery of clinical services and education to our clients in Skilled Nursing (SNF) and Assisted Living (ALF) settings to further develop client relationships, to aid in retention and expansion of existing business, and help to ensure execution of contract covenants. This role will report to a manager and will also assist with onboarding of new clients and some facility level issue resolution.
*** Eligible candidates will reside between Sacramento and Southern Oregon. Expect up to 80% travel to LTC facilities in Northern CA and Southern OR.
The Clinical Nurse Consultant will have the opportunity to impact our business in the following ways:
• Build strong client relationships by consistently delivering client interactions that develop trust and show value.
• Meet with customers to present Omnicare Infusion Services and promote utilization of support tools and programs.
• Evaluate regulatory compliance and determine clinical education needs for our clients as it relates to pharmacy services.
• Conduct quality assurance audits to aid clients with preparation for successful, compliant state surveys.
• Identify and provide recommendations regarding deficiencies and opportunities around drug inventories, storage, and distribution.
• Provide Quality Reviews and other Omnicare nursing consultant services.
• Deliver ongoing clinical training to facility staff.
• Present corporate-approved infusion education programs for LTC facilities.
Manage resolution of client issues and requests.
• Assist with activities associated in onboarding new facilities such as collection of resident information and medical records; scheduling, attending, and some facilitation of facility staff training; informing pharmacy of facility needs; serving as single point of contact for facility throughout onboarding process.
• Provide customer support services for all infusion therapies provided to client facilities.
• Operate with strong business acumen and industry knowledge, remaining conscious of industry trends.
• Excellent customer service skills, knowing the appropriate time to be consultative vs solve a problem or fill a need.
• Proven project and time management skills; ability to track and manage issues, ensure the right teams are engaged, and facilitate comprehensive and timely issue resolution.
• Ability to work independently and creatively solve problems when dealing with a multitude of variables.
• Track record of performing under pressure and adapting to changing dynamics.
• Effective communication skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with a focus on Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Web applications.
• Ability to travel regularly, up to 80%.
• Multi-facility long term care clinical experience or Director/Assistance Director of Nursing experience preferred.
The ideal candidate will have
• Established success in clinical nursing field with at least 5 years of recent nursing experience that may include direct patient care, physical assessment, clinical education, and group in-servicing.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in infusion therapy is preferred.
• Previous DON experience
RN Diploma, Associates or BS degree in nursing
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.