RN Transition to Acute Care Training Program FT Days or Nights
Registered Nurse Progressive Care - TTAC (Transition to Acute Care) Training Program AdventHealth Ocala Location Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471 AdventHealth's Transition to Acute Care (TTAC) training program is for the Experienced RN who is interested in transitioning into an ICU Stepdown unit from a non-acute setting. This 8-10-week program incorporates comprehensive body systems modules including anatomy and physiology, various body systems conditions, diagnostics, nursing care and treatment. This online approach provides the basic didactic critical care content with educational activities that is reinforced in clinical experience with a preceptor. Program Specifics:
- Full-time paid training and nursing position Blended didactic and precepted clinicals Shift flexibility desired as shifts are not guaranteed
- Accreditation by The Joint Commission Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation of Patient Safety for 2 Years in a Row (2018-2019) by Healthgrades Best of the Best Hospital Award (Ocala Star Banner Readers’ Choice Awards 2018 and 2019)
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- AdventHealth Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited Spectacular springs throughout the county
- Assesses and analyzes the health status of patients in assigned nursing unit in a comprehensive manner. Performs and/or assures completed assessments on all patients admitted within the designated time delineated in policy/unit standards. Performs on-going assessments and documents according to policy and procedure. Reports significant findings of admission and on-going assessments to appropriate member of health care team. Initiates discharge planning process with initial admission assessment.
- Plans patient care on assigned unit in collaboration with the patient, family, and health care team. Formulates individualized patient plan of care based on assessment data within the designated time delineated in policy/unit standards. Updates plan of care based on the patient assessment within appropriate time period.
- Directs, implements and coordinates patient care activities on assigned unit to ensure the delivery of quality care. Communicates the plan of care to other members of the healthcare team through daily worksheet conferences, verbally during the shift and verbally during the shift report. Directs care team members in accordance with their scope of practice. Communicates/documents all patient care given including assessments, plan, interventions, patient response, and follow-up. Transcribes and directs the implementation of physician orders. Provides patient education based on assessed needs and evaluates understanding.
- Conducts ongoing evaluation of patient outcomes and documents effectiveness of planned and implemented interventions and strategies in relation to the plan of care within time frames per policy/unit standards. Includes patient and family in the evaluation process.
- Adheres to standards established in the nursing department proficiency program. Satisfactorily completes competency testing/skills validation and maintains current licensures and certifications as required. Attends department-required in-services and 80% of department meetings.
What You Will Need:
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent human relations and oral/written skills
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing;
- 6 months of RN experience.
- Current FL RN License
- To provide direct care to patients on an assigned unit using the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Functions and performs all technical aspects of nursing care within the framework of established policies and procedures of Advent Health. Responsible for managing care of assigned patients and guiding and directing the activities of ancillary staff. May function as charge nurse. Functions on the nursing unit as assistant to the physician.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.