Licensed Practical Nurse LPN Emergency Department - Full Time Nights - Ocala
LPN AdventHealth Ocala Location Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471 Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ocala
- Up to $5,000 sign on bonus available to qualified candidates
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited Spectacular springs throughout the county
- Collects data (e.g. physical, psychosocial, environmental, developmental, pertaining to the health status of patients in assigned nursing unit in a comprehensive manner under the direct supervision of the RN. Performs and/or assures completed data collection on admission and during each shift on all patients assigned within the designated time delineated in unit standards. Monitors patient's status throughout shift and reports pertinent patient information and significant findings of admission and on-going patient information to appropriate member(s) of the health care team. Monitors patient throughout shift including response to interventions/ treatments. Completes documentation according to policy and procedure. Identifies and relays patient discharge planning needs on admission and throughout the patient's stay in collaboration with RN or Case Manager.
- Reviews and implements patient care plan on assigned unit in collaboration with the RN, patient, family, and health care team. Administers ordered treatments and medications within scope of practice safely and competently.
- Implements & coordinates patient care activities on assigned unit to ensure the delivery of quality care. Communicates the plan of care to other members of the healthcare team verbally throughout the shift and during shift report. Collaborates effectively with nursing and clinical ancillary team members. Delegates tasks appropriately to unlicensed personnel including nursing assistants, unit clerks, monitor techs in which the unlicensed personnel have demonstrated competence. Communicates/documents all patient care provided Transcribes and implements physician orders within scope of practice. Provides patient education based on identified needs.
- Adheres to standards established in the nursing department proficiency program. Satisfactorily completes competency testing/skills validation. Attends department-required in-services and department meetings. Maintains current licensures and certifications as required (see ADDENDUM MATRIX).
- Provides appropriate patient care specific to the needs of the patient populations served (e.g. age group, patients of size; diagnosis-based). for patient population(s) served. Demonstrates knowledge and awareness of the specific physical, psychosocial and developmental needs of patients as appropriate to the populations served.
- Assists with Quality Indicators, including Core Measures. Accurately completes Core Measure Indicators in nursing documentation. Gives verbal input to charge nurse regarding any policy/procedure changes. Participates in unit quality improvement activities.
What You Will Need:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing or equivalent LPN program
- Basic computer skills, excellent human relations and oral/written skills.
- Current FL LPN License; Current BLS.
- FL State Approved IV Certification required within 30 days upon start date.
- (12) months experience preferred but not required
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.