RN ICU - Travel Nurse
We're looking for Intensive Care Unit RNs for an immediate travel nurse opening in South Bend, IN. The right nurse should have 1-2 years recent acute care experience. Read below for more requirements.
As an ICU Travel Nurse, you'll be responsible for evaluating and monitoring patients in an Intensive Care Unit setting. ICU RNs provide the most direct care to patients in life-threatening situations, documenting and providing physician-directed care, assessing and implementing patient care plans, and delegating to other care providers as appropriate. As an ICU RN you will also be providing education and support to patient families, possibly for long-term care needs.
As an ICU Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Provide basic bedside care.
- Prepare, administer and record prescribed medication, reporting any adverse reactions to treatment.
- Order and evaluate diagnostic tests.
- Take samples for lab work, order corresponding lab work and interpret reports.
- Monitor and adjust specialized equipment, and interpret and record electronic displays.
- Ensure proper placement and functioning of catheters, leads and tubing.
- Communicate patients' conditions to family members.
Active Indiana License or Compact LicenseCerts Required: BLS, ACLSExperience Required: 2 years4x12hrs NIGHTs (OT billable after 48hrs worked. Will take a 36hr candidate if the prefer). Every other weekend. No call. Might need to float to stepdown units. ACLS and BLS required. NIH, CCRN, and TNCC is preferred. Must have 2 years minimum experience, but will accept first time travelers