- Provides treatment for job related injuries and illnesses.
- Conducts new hire health screenings, respirator fit testing and immunization clinics.
- Ensures compliance with applicable workplace safety laws and regulations. May also conduct safety training programs.
- Provides employee counseling and referrals for occupational injuries and illnesses as well as other health-related matters.
- Monitors trends and causes of employee safety events and works with colleagues to identify areas of safety risk.
- Designs and implements training programs to ensure employee safety in the office.
- Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and our patient populations.
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional nursing standards defined in the professional practice model.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- One year experience as an RN
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral communication.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication, distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.