RN Registered Nurse Short Stay
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Cath Lab Short Stay RN Full-time – Days, No Weekends Medical City North Hills is an award-winning 164-bed acute care hospital located in the heart of northeast Tarrant County in North Richland Hills. The hospital offers a full range of services, specializing in heart and vascular services, orthopedics, surgery, and emergency care and has been recognized as a Top Performer by The Joint Commission for 2013 - 2015. Under the supervision of the Manager of the Cardiac Cath Lab, and Director of Perioperative Services, responsible for the delivery of safe, effective, and quality patient-family centered care Outpatient Services, and other areas of cardiac cath lab, and for all patient populations. PRINCIPAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Assess patients at intervals as stated in policies and procedures.
- Develop an individualized perioperative patient plan of care.
- Implement the plan of care by:
- Performing interventions necessary to ensure that the patient’s procedure is performed on the correct site, side and level, i.e., consent, interview, marking of site by physician;
- Communicating the patient’s current status to relevant parties throughout the continuum of care;
- Administering medications safely and correctly;
- Assessing the knowledge level of the patient or designated support person;
- Providing education regarding the expected psychosocial response, nutritional management, medication management, pain management, wound management, and expected responses to the operative or invasive procedure;
- Involving the patient or designated support person actively in decisions affecting his or her perioperative plan of care and the rehabilitation process;
- Protecting the patient’s rights, dignity, and privacy;
- Providing age-specific, culturally competent, ethical care within legal standards of practice; and Providing consistent and comparable care regardless of setting.
Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
- Current registered nurse licensure in state of employment
- One year RN experience (i.e. Medical/Surgical, Critical Care, etc.)
- Basic computer skills
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.