State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA)
OVERVIEW$1,000 Sign-On Bonus for FT & PT! The State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) provides residents and patients with the highest level of quality routine daily nursing care in accordance with company standards and federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations. 3rd shift = $2.00/per hour shift differential2nd shift = $1.50/per hour shift differential
RESPONSIBILITIESCare Management and Service Delivery
- Provides daily resident and patient care in accordance with the nursing procedures and as instructed by the Charge Nurse.
- Ensures that the Plan of Care is maintained for the resident or patient.
- Provides for assigned resident and patient Activities of Daily Living (ADL) including personal hygiene, elimination, comfort and safety, ambulation, lifting, skin care, nutrition, and hydration.
- Assists with the care of the dying resident and provides post-mortem care.
- Observes and reports the presence of pressure areas and skin breakdown.
- Assists with the application of nursing treatments as required.
- Provides daily rehabilitative/restorative procedures as required.
- Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth and personal interest, as well as a calm environment throughout the unit.
- Answers resident calls promptly.
- Checks rooms for all medications and unauthorized food items, reporting findings to the Charge Nurse.
- Maintains resident and patient rooms, work areas/equipment in a clean, sanitary and safe manner and follows established infection control/standard precautions, reporting all hazardous conditions to the Charge Nurse immediately.
- Attends care conferences as directed by Charge Nurse.
- Attends all-employee and departmental meetings and in-service training as scheduled or as directed.
- Willingly and consistently shares observations and insights of departmental operations that may improve quality and efficiencies of department.
- Measures and records all entries, such as ADL coding, intake/output, temperatures, weight, etc. in the electronic medical record (EMR) or as directed by the Charge Nurse.
- Reports all changes in resident’s or patient’s condition to the Charge Nurse as soon as practical.
- Reports all concerns and complaints voiced or shared by residents, patients, or family members.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA) in good standing on the Ohio Department of Health Nurse Aide Registry required.
- None required; on-the-job training provided.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
LOCATION INFORMATIONOhio Living Dorothy Love is Sidney’s premier life plan community. Services include long-term nursing care, memory care, short-term rehabilitation, outpatient therapy and assisted living. The campus also offers independent living apartments and ranch homes. Most importantly, we’re a company that:
- chooses to operate as a faith-based, not-for-profit organization
- makes its mission the heart of our organization
- has a reputation for consistently exceeding the needs and expectations of those we serve
- provides an engaging, team-oriented workplace dedicated to career, family and faith
- commits to recognizing our employees for a job well done
- have a passion for helping people, solving problems and contributing to a positive work environment
- are excited about bringing their personal standards and ideals to work each day
- understand that HOW you do your job is just as important as WHAT you do in your job
- competitive wages
- affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 403b retirement savings
- paid time off including your birthday
- training, continuing education, and education assistance
- pay advances up to $500
- free meals/meal allowance
- the latest technology
- unlimited career opportunities
- and much more!
Care • Integrity • Customer Service
Innovation • Financial Stewardship • Leadership