Correctional Licensed Practical Nurse
BOS Medical is looking for Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurses available to work. Shifts are typically on 12-hour rotations. LPNs/LVNs are responsible for assisting in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Under the supervision of the RN(s), directs and guides patient teaching and activities that commensurate with his/her education and demonstrated competencies.
Please note this is an essential job opportunity, and we have an URGENT need to hire. To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your application or contact our recruiters at (470) 284-4180
- Assists in planning an individual treatment program by using available resources in planning care and consults with RNs and other staff as appropriate while applying knowledge and resources in planning care and patient teaching.
- Implements individualized treatment programs as directed by the Health Care Practitioner.
- Count controlled substances, syringes, needles, and sharps at the beginning of each shift with another staff member and sign count logs
- Implements clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols. Intervenes with proper safety techniques, procedures, and standard precautions.
- Responds to a code or health emergency within standard guidelines.
- Implement the medical plan through administering medications in accordance with Health Care Practitioner's orders and protocols: Administers medications according to proper techniques and procedures including IV therapy (when certified) and all other approved routes of administration. Uses pharmacy knowledge and available resources to include drug reaction and overdose in the administration of medications.
- Implements medical plans through obtaining diagnostic tests in accordance with Health Care Practitioner's orders and protocols: Obtains body fluid specimens and performs EKG's using proper techniques and procedures. Communicates information to ancillary departments using established referral process.
- Assists the Health Care Practitioner in medical or minor surgical procedures as necessary and/or requested to meet the individual needs of patients.
- Implement nutrition and therapeutic diet plan through proper techniques and procedures as ordered by Health Care Practitioner.
- Documents nursing encounters using the SOAP form of charting as required by policy and procedure.
- Communicates information to nursing staff, physicians, health care unit supervisory personnel and other staff as necessary.
- Respects the dignity and confidentiality of patients.
- Attends mandatory staff meetings and training.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Education:
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- One (1) or more years of clinic experience preferred.
- Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Current CPR Certification
- Next Business Day Pay
- Health Insurance
- Competitive Rates
- Pay Incentives