Registered Nurse Surgical Orthopedics
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Registere Nurse Surgical Orthopedics
Medical City Denton
7a to 7p
$7,500 sign on bonus may be available for qualified candidates
Medical City Denton is a 208-bed, high-quality, acute care hospital with more than 850 employees and 300 physicians. Serving the people of North Texas, MCD is a Level II Trauma Center, a Primary Stroke Center and an Accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center offering advanced open-heart surgery. Magnet® recognized for nursing excellence.
Medical City Denton's Surgical/Orthopedic Unit is a 44-bed unit for patients who require overnight or short term postoperative care. The Surgical/Orthopedic unit specializes in the care of general surgery patients including but not limited to abdominal, orthopedic, vascular, urology, and trauma.
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
The RN – Registered Nurse – Surgical - Ortho is responsible for decisions and actions within the domain of nursing practice. Important aspects of this responsibility are:
Join our team and you will experience a total rewards package to support your health, life, career and retirement including:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to progress in function, skill, and pay
- A competitive wage scale
- Generous tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment and clinical certification support
- A comprehensive health and wellness package including medical, dental and prescription drug coverage
- HCA’s Time Away From Work Program that combines paid time off, disability coverage and leaves of absence (including paid family leave)
- 401k Plan - 100% matching contribution — from 3% to 9% of pay — based on your years of vesting service
· Licensed RN by the State of Texas or compact license
· Associates Degree Nursing required, BSN preferred (must be willing to enroll in a BSN program within 6 months of employment and complete within 2 years)
· 1 year of acute care experience preferred
· BLS required. Specialty certification encouraged
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.