RN Staff, GI Lab, Tyler, Full Time, Rotating
- Directing and coordinating all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards.
- Collaborating with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- Contributing to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
Collect patient's health data.
- Analyze assessment data in determining patient problems.
- Identify expected outcomes individualized to the patient.
- Develop a comprehensive plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Implement interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Evaluate patient’s progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Assist with the plan of care, evaluate, modify and coordinate care and communicate well with other disciplines.
- Serve as a resource for learning needs of patients, significant others, and families.
- Provide for the care of multiple patients and/or delegation of care to other members of the healthcare team.
- Supervise nursing care provided by others for whom the RN is administratively or professionally responsible.
- Delegate tasks to unlicensed personnel in compliance with the Board of Nursing.
- Document relevant data according to hospital standards.
- Conduct discharge planning, assisting the patient/significant others to obtain knowledge about illness, injury prevention, and teaching.
Maintain confidentiality with all information.
- Participate in quality of care activities such as the implementation of a continuous quality improvement plan and the hospital wide performance improvement process, as appropriate to position, education and practice environment.
- Utilize results of quality of care activities to initiate changes in practice.
- Complete mandatory annual Learning Management System modules in a timely manner.
- Attend departmental meetings per policy.
- Identify and/or assume activities related to developmental needs of unit and/or nursing department.
- Demonstrate dependability/flexibility in meeting scheduling needs of unit and/or hospital.
- Accept assignment as preceptor for new staff.
- Assure supplies and equipment necessary for the care of patients is readily available and in working order.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N.) or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) from an accredited school.
- Prefer 2 years of nursing experience in an acute care setting.
- Position requires fluency in English language to function in job environment appropriately.
- Good interpersonal, communication, team-work, and customer service skills.
- Good organizational, problem-solving and follow-through skills.
- Ability to multi-task constantly, react to changes quickly/productively, and tolerate interruptions.
- Ability to perform work when no directions are given, and give directions to others.
- Remain flexible, organized, professional and able to analyze, make sound decisions under stressful or crisis situations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current computer systems, equipment or programs used in the organization.
- Demonstrate maturity and accountability.
Certification and Licensure:
- Completion of education to obtain Licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- ACLS certification preferred.
- BLS required
- PALS Certification (preferred but not required).
- Comply with regulatory requirements, guidelines, and policies
- Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about people.
- Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing lives for the better together
- Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless drive to be the best.
- Holistic Approach: Think and act for the benefit of the whole.
- Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective working relationships with others.
- Identify and Develop Talent: Prepare others to deliver excellence.
- Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
- Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as efficient as possible.
- Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge solutions.
- Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going, how to get there and why.
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time while completing work on a computer
- Ability to lift 10 or more pounds
- Ability to move throughout the workplace
Now that you have read about what you will be doing and the experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).