RN, Rehab Hospital, Full Time, 7P-7A
Advancing Healthcare Together – The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas
World-class care, technology, service and research – right in your neighborhood.
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Rehabilitation Hospital is unique in that is it provides care for those patients needing acute care physical rehabilitation. Rehabilitation patients typically require three modalities of service (PT/OT, Wound Care, Nutrition, Nursing, Speech, etc.) and stay in the hospital for an average of 15 days. The multi-disciplinary approach used in the Rehabilitation Hospital allows nurses to hone a variety of skills, while cultivating meaningful relationships with patients over the course of their stay.
UT Health Rehabilitation Hospital occupies two floors within the Olympic Center, the patients receive three hours of therapy daily. Nursing has opportunity to work with all of the different specialties creating a wonderful culture of holistic nursing.
To ensure continuity of care, the Rehabilitation Hospital has a dedicated rehabilitation physician that follows each patient for the duration of his or her stay. They are also seen daily by an Internal Medicine physician. Not only is this model a patient satisfier, but a staff satisfier, as each caregiver always has a firm handle on the physician’s care plan and expectations for each patient.POSITION SUMMARY:
The Registered Nurse is responsible for delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. This position is responsible for the following:
- Directing and coordinating all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards.
- Collaborating with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes.
- Contributing to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
What You Will Be Doing:1. Deliver individualized, goal-directed nursing care using a systematic approach and according to standards of care, facility’s code of conduct compliance, and policy in collaboration with patients and interdisciplinary healthcare team members:
Collect patient's health data.
- Analyze assessment data in determining patient problems.
- Identify expected outcomes individualized to the patient.
- Develop a comprehensive plan of care that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Implement interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Evaluate patient’s progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Assist with the plan of care, evaluate, modify and coordinate care and communicate well with other disciplines.
- Serve as a resource for learning needs of patients, significant others, and families.
- Provide for the care of multiple patients and/or delegation of care to other members of the healthcare team.
- Supervise nursing care provided by others for whom the RN is administratively or professionally responsible.
- Delegate tasks to unlicensed personnel in compliance with the Board of Nursing.
- Document relevant data according to hospital standards.
- Conduct discharge planning, assisting the patient/significant others to obtain knowledge about illness, injury prevention, and teaching.
Maintain confidentiality with all information.
- Participate in quality of care activities such as the implementation of a continuous quality improvement plan and the hospital wide performance improvement process, as appropriate to position, education and practice environment.
- Utilize results of quality of care activities to initiate changes in practice.
- Complete mandatory annual Learning Management System modules in a timely manner.
- Attend departmental meetings per policy.
- Identify and/or assume activities related to developmental needs of unit and/or nursing department.
- Demonstrate dependability/flexibility in meeting scheduling needs of unit and/or hospital.
- Accept assignment as preceptor for new staff.
- Assure supplies and equipment necessary for the care of patients is readily available and in working order.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school.
- Prefer 2 years of nursing experience in an acute care setting.
- Position requires fluency in English language to function in job environment appropriately.
- Good interpersonal, communication, team-work, and customer service skills.
- Good organizational, problem-solving and follow-through skills.
- Ability to multi-task constantly, react to changes quickly/productively, and tolerate interruptions.
- Ability to perform work when no directions are given, and give directions to others.
- Remain flexible, organized, professional and able to analyze, make sound decisions under stressful or crisis situations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current computer systems, equipment or programs used in the organization.
- Demonstrate maturity and accountability.
Certification and Licensure:
- Completion of education to obtain Licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- ACLS certification preferred.
- BLS required
- PALS Certification (preferred but not required).
- Comply with regulatory requirements, guidelines, and policies
- Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about people.
- Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing lives for the better together
- Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless drive to be the best.
- Holistic Approach: Think and act for the benefit of the whole.
- Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective working relationships with others.
- Identify and Develop Talent: Prepare others to deliver excellence.
- Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
- Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as efficient as possible.
- Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge solutions.
- Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going, how to get there and why.
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time while completing work on a computer
- Ability to lift 10 or more pounds
- Ability to move throughout the workplace
Now that you have read about what you will be doing and the experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).