Clinical Nurse Coordinator Heart and Vascular
DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse Clinical Nurse Coordinator Heart and Vascular
Medical City Denton
Work Schedule: Full-Time Night Shift (7pm to 7am)
Medical City Denton is a 208-bed, high-quality, acute care hospital with more than 850 employees and 300 physicians. Serving the people of North Texas, MCD is a Level III Trauma Center, a Primary Stroke Center and an Accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center offering advanced open-heart surgery. Magnet® recognized for nursing excellence.
Medical City Denton’s Heart and Vascular Unit, or HVU, is a 28-bed critical care telemetry unit for patients whose medical conditions warrant closer monitoring, but do not require continuous invasive monitoring. HVU is a “step-down” critical care unit that cares for patients with cardiac and vascular diagnoses.
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator, under the general supervision of the unit’s director or designee the CNC assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit or department.
Join our team and you will experience a total rewards package to support your health, life, career and retirement including:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to progress in function, skill, and pay
- A competitive wage scale
- Generous tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment and clinical certification support
- A comprehensive health and wellness package including medical, dental and prescription drug coverage
- HCA’s Time Away From Work Program that combines paid time off, disability coverage and leaves of absence (including paid family leave)
- 401k Plan - 100% matching contribution — from 3% to 9% of pay — based on your years of vesting service
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
· BSN required within 1 year. Magnet®/Pathways® Accredited hospitals require BSN at time of hire.
· Current Texas RN license or RN compact license.
· Current BLS issued by the American Heart Association.
· Certification in specialty required within 1 year.
· Completion of charge nurse course required within one year.
· Other leadership training and activity in professional organizations highly preferred
Two (2) years of clinical practice in the clinical specialty of his/her unit and leadership/ management experience is preferred
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.