Family Nurse Practitioner - East Brunswick, NJ
The MinuteClinic Nurse Practitioner (Provider) independently provides holistic, evidenced-based care inclusive of accurate assessment, diagnosis, treatment, management of health problems, health counseling, and disposition planning for our patients, who are age 18 months and above. You will collaborate with and be supported by a dedicated team of professionals. Encounters are documented utilizing an electronic health record (EHR). MinuteClinic Providers report directly to the Senior Practice Manager.
MinuteClinic is a division of CVS Health, with locations primarily located inside select CVS Pharmacy and Target Stores. We are reinventing health care through innovation, collaboration, caring, integrity, and accountability. Our purpose is “helping people on their path to better health” through provision of high quality, accessible and affordable healthcare solutions for our patients.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
1. Patient-Centered Quality and Safety
• Evaluate primary care, acute, chronically ill, and transitional care patients, in addition to providing healthcare education and counseling, and disposition planning for our patients ranging in age 18 months and above
• Provide patient counseling; inclusive of pregnancy prevention, STI Prevention/safer sex practices, contraceptive care counseling and medication management
• Educate patients on health maintenance and respond to patient care inquiries
• Document all patient care within an EHR according to MinuteClinic policies and procedures
• Provide care and coordination of our patients with internal and external colleagues, including the broader patient centered medical home, ensuring the highest standard of care is provided for all patients and at all times
• Effectively work within a patient care team, including fellow Providers, Collaborative Physicians, para-professionals, Pharmacists and other members of the health care team
2. Customer Service Excellence
• Deliver excellent customer service
• Seek to increase patient engagement and satisfaction through integration of feedback from patients, management, and professional colleagues
• Focuses consistently on the patient to create a warm and welcoming environment
• Tailor communication style to effectively influence quality outcomes and patient needs
• Collaborate with pharmacy and front store colleagues to provide a complete patient experience
• Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance with PHI and HIPAA standards
3. Healthcare Environment Management
• Resolve conflict using appropriate management techniques
• Cultivate and maintain positive relationships among practice employees, CVS Health colleagues and external partners
• Reprioritize continually throughout the day to fulfill patient and business needs
• Support the overall patient experience, by effectively managing clinical and non-clinical duties as well as patient expectations
• Quickly adopt new service offerings and patient care models
• Adhere to the core values of CVS Health MinuteClinic in all communications and interactions
• Assist with hiring, development and evaluation of Practice employees
• Complete necessary tasks for clinic operations, including but not limited to taking inventory, following up on lab results, receiving incoming phone calls, ordering supplies and maintaining clinic cleanliness
4. Business Acumen
• Remain accountable to managing business needs including, but not limited to, budget, payroll, inventory, billing insurance, and payment collection
• Own the success of your practice through implementation of the clinic level business plan designed to meet identified business goals
• Assure complete and accurate payment for services through comprehensive documentation in the patient chart, verification of payment method (insurance, cash or combination) for each visit, and collection of payment as directed by the EMR
• Complete revenue cycle managements tasks including collecting payment at time of service for all visits and preparing nightly deposits.
• Work independently, prioritize and solve problems, take initiative, and advocate for their patients and their practice
• Actively participate in professional development through professional groups, committees within the organization and/or additional external experiences
• Maintain self-awareness and professionalism of individual actions and how they impact the clinic, practice, and healthcare industry
• Continuing education, including what is required to maintain employment at Minute Clinic, is the responsibility of the provider
• Minimum of two years of medically relevant experience or equivalent
• Completed accredited DOT certificate training program prior to start date
• Completion of the DOT certification exam within 30 days of employment
• Effective verbal, written, and electronic communication skills
• Outstanding organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Initiative, problem solving ability, adaptability and flexibility
• Ability to work without direct supervision and practice autonomously
• Is proficient with information management and technology
• Capacity to collaborate with professional colleagues as necessary to provide quality care
• Depending on the market, the ability to be proficient in both speaking and writing in additional languages not limited to but including Spanish may be required
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
• Ability to take and pass a FIT test with the respirators that MinuteClinic provides, and to wear the provided respirator mask when protocol requires. This requirement applies to all clinics that have a co-located point of care COVID-19 testing site.
• Providers will be assigned a primary clinic, however, are expected to travel to and staff other clinics within a manager-defined area as needed by the business
• While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to move about and interact with customers, sit, write, operate the computer and phone, speak intelligibly, and hear patient responses
• The employee must also possess the ability to perform overhead reach, bending / squatting to access supplies, balance and safely use a step stool, lift at least 20 lbs., and move about the surrounding location
• Specific vision abilities include the ability to view and read a computer screen and other electronic devices
Experience with Epic.
Master’s Degree level Family Nurse Practitioner program with current National Board Certification and State of Employment license to practice in the Advanced Practice Nurse role required.
At MinuteClinic, a CVS Health business, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.