Staff RN, CCU
The Cardiac Critical Care (CCU) RN works in a highly specialized area catering to the needs of patients requiring constant monitoring and whose clinical conditions are considered critical. The Cardiac Critical Care RN is adept at noting subtle hemodynamic changes that could lead to serious complications and providing immediate intervention as required.
Responsibilities to include -
- Operating and managing complex medical equipment such as ventilators, cardiac monitors, infusion pumps and mechanical devices.
- Working closely with physicians, unlicensed assistive personnel and the multidisciplinary team to ensure that the patient/family experience is optimal.
- Having a comprehensive knowledge of cardiac disease and other body systems along with the therapies and treatments for the cardiac patient. This knowledge includes and not limited to: Cardiac-focused assessments, airway management, pain management, hemodynamics, cardiac dysrhythmias, cardiac medications, cardiac conditions such as HF, Valvular disorders, cardiac arrest, cardiogenic shock, and more, cardiology procedures and mechanical assist devices.
- Growing and developing skills to meet the needs of the CCU patient including ECMO patient/device care.
- Completing all required education for CCU and ECMO.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Currently licensed as a RN in the state of Georgia
- A minimum of 1 years of Critical Care Clinical Experience
- Current BCLS and ACLS
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES/LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION PREFERRED
- BSN degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of Critical Care Clinical Experience
- Certified in area of specialty preferred
- Mechanical Assist Device (VAD, Impella, ECMO) experience preferred
License/Certification Requirements: Yes
Work Hours: 7a-7p
Weekend Requirements: Yes
On-Call Requirements: Yes