Unit Secretary, Emergency Services
Coordinates clerical nursing activities to promote effective unit organization and communication. This includes maintenance of the patients' medical records, ordering unit supplies as assigned and using the hospital information system (order communication and reporting, plus admission, transfer and discharge functions.)
- High school graduate or equivalent education.
- Computer training desirable. Within orientation period, must satisfactorily demonstrate competency in the use of the HIS.
- Current BLS or within one year of employment
- Precious hospital and/or physician’s office preferred.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology is required.
License/Certification Requirements: No
Work Hours: 11a-11p
Weekend Requirements: Yes
On-Call Requirements: No