Registered Nurse RN III Operating Room
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Days Shift Center City San Antonio is the backdrop for a vibrant and diverse community of patients served by Metropolitan Methodist Hospital. Our 354 bed hospital offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our women’s pavilion, the only stand-alone facility in downtown San Antonio dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies, has earned an excellent reputation, one baby at a time. Metropolitan Methodist Hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare and for the second consecutive year as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. We are pleased to announce it is the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. We have also been nationally recognized by Leapfrog for our focus on safety and quality, receiving a Grade A Hospital Safety Score. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Metropolitan Methodist Hospital under Locations. In this role you will have the opportunity to support our OR. Key features include:
- Designated by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 150 Best Places to work in healthcare in 2017 & 2018
- The only hospital in the downtown area with a Robotic program
- First facility in South Texas to perform Robotic Bariatric Switch procedures
- The only hospital in San Antonio to maintain an “A” Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade for 4 consecutive rating periods
- 12 state of the art OR suites with an average of 550 cases per month and capability to provide all services to include open heart procedures.
- Great RN retention rate – Only 7% turnover rate with 9 previous residents in various roles (manager, charge nurses and circulators)
- 2018 CNOR designation (at least 50% of nurses are CNOR certified) - Lifelong learning is highly encouraged!
- Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Consistently applying the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients
- Collaborating with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes
- Communication, confidence, and professionalism as evidenced by active engagement in unit and organizational activities
- Demonstrating team work, adaptability, and serving as a resource to the patient care team
- Accountability for delivering quality nursing care services and promoting a positive image of nursing
- You should be a graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program. If you have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or certification in your specialty area you will be considered more highly qualified and eligible for our RN IV position.
- You should possess your RN License to practice as a professional RN in the state of Texas or an Active Multi-State RN Compact License. If you have a Compact License you will be required to obtain a Texas RN License within 90 days of hire.
- You should have a current BLS Certification
- You should have more than 6 months of clinical experience as a licensed RN
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.