Nurse (Nurse Manager, PACU/OSU)
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. OR The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6) OR In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of a current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement for graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience [If MSN obtained in a Bridge Program, no BSN is required.]; OR a Doctoral degree and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience.
Physical Requirements: Light to moderate lifting and carrying (15-44 lbs); Pushing (0.5 hours); Reaching above shoulder; Use of fingers; Both hands and legs required; Walking and standing (6 hours); Kneeling and climbing (0.5 hour); Near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4; Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/50 and to 20/100 in the other; Ability to distinguish basic colors and shades of colors; Hearing (aid may be permitted). Education
IMPORTANT: A transcript with graduation or conferral or completion date may be submitted with your application.
Note: Only education or degrees accredited by The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://aacnnursing.org/ or http://acenursing.org/.