LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
JOB SPECIFICATIONS(Minimum Requirements)KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated knowledge, ability and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the adolescent, young adult, middle adult and geriatric patient served within the service line.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Ability to update and maintain current knowledge based through continuing education.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Graduation from a recognized college or university as a licensed practical nurse.
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent General Studies Required
- Certificate Nursing Required
- Two (2) years of responsible work experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse is preferred, preferably in a physician office or clinic setting.
- 2 Healthcare/Medical � LPN Preferred
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Certified Basic Life Support
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
Meets the Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations Code.
Demonstrates knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family, organizational and other medical information. Understands and supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing ethical business practices for healthcare providers.
DISCLAIMER - The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.