Provides direct patient care to an assigned group of patients, assesses, and evaluates and implements patients plan of care for an assigned period of time.Responsibilities
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES(*Essential Functions)
JOB SPECIFICATIONS(Minimum Requirements)KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of medical equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to administer medications per policy and procedure.
- Ability to follow the National Patient Safety Goals.
- Ability to interpret lab and diagnostic results as it relates to patients status.
- Ability to communicate with all disciplines using SBAR.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrates courteous, kind and a caring, compassionate, positive attitude and support to the organization.
- Associates Nursing Required; Bachelors Nursing Preferred
- 2 years Experience in Healthcare/Medical - Acute Care Required
- 3 years Experience in Healthcare/Medical - Acute Care Preferred
- Experience in adult or child acute care; critical care or surgical services preferred.
- Some specialties require 3 years minimum experience.
- Additional Advanced Certified Life Support may be required based on requirements of unit being worked.
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Certified Basic Cardiac Life
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
Meets the Standards of Behavior as outlined in Personnel Policy and Procedure #1, Employee Relations Code.
Demonstrates knowledge of procedures for protecting and maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family, organizational and other medical information. Understands and supports the commitment of Methodist Hospitals in adhering to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations governing ethical business practices for healthcare providers.
DISCLAIMER - The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.