RN- Emergency Department Nurse Educator Clinical Practice and Professional Development Service
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
Basic Requirements: United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade: Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Current BLS provider
- Current ACLS provider card
- Current PALS provider card
- Current PALS Instructor provider
- Current Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) provider card
- National certification as a CEN or CCRN
- 3 years recent RN ED
- MS/Nursing Education or MSN/Education
- Demonstrated teaching and clinical leadership ability in the development of creative educational programs, research, performance improvement and staff development
- A thorough understanding of adult learning principles and learning methodologies. The ability to employ strategies and techniques that promote a positive learning and practice environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer technology and common software programs (i.e., Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.) and other electronic data and documentation programs
- Experience with preceptor and mentoring techniques and familiarity with online learning applications and simulation technology.
- Demonstrated experience in program and project development, management and coordination.
- Demonstrate use of data; data gathering, analysis, synthesis for program development and
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-6 Nurse Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Visual acuity, keen hearing, clear distinctive speech, and manual dexterity. This position requires long periods of continued walking, standing, stooping, sitting, bending, pulling and pushing.
IMPORTANT: A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.