Physical Therapist - Home Health
Services: Fontana, CA to Beaumont, CA
POSITION SUMMARY: The Physical Therapist provides skilled service to the patient with the goal of maintaining the patient’s highest level of physical function.
REPORTS TO: Director of Rehabilitation
Credentials: Valid license as a Physical Therapist by the Physical Therapy Examining Committee of the California Board of Medical Quality Assurance.
Experience: 1+ years’ experience is desired.
Core Competencies: Comprehensive knowledge of the rehabilitative services in physical and bodily competencies. Demonstrates ability to plan, organize and make effective decisions. Possesses ability to think critically and problem solve. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrates positive communication skills in interacting with all members of the team.
Other: Valid driver's license and auto insurance.
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides treatment as ordered by the attending physician or podiatrist.
2. Assists the physician in evaluating the level of function.
3. Assists in developing and updating the plan of care.
4. Observes, records, and reports information on the patient’s condition to the attending physician and in the patient’s medical record.
5. Advises, consults, and when appropriate, instructs the family and other agency personnel, in patient’s therapy program.
6. Teaches and supervises other health personnel when appropriate.
7. Evaluates the home environment and makes appropriate recommendations.
8. Participates in in-services, team conferences and utilization review as needed.
9. Maintains on-going communication with the agency beginning with start of care and continuing as patient’s condition changes, and when the treatment plan is changed.
10. Submits supplemental orders to be sent to physician after the initial evaluation and whenever the plan of care is changed.
11. Delivers all the required documentation to the offices of the Agency on the designated submission days of the week.
12. All other duties deemed necessary and appropriate.
Monday -Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM