POSITION SUMMARY: The musician and/or vocalist is responsible for providing music to hospice patients.
REPORTS TO: Director of Clinical Services
Experience: At least one (1) year of appropriate experience as a musician and/or vocalist.
Core Competencies: Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills. Understands hospice philosophy, focus of care is comfort vs. rehab and to maintain care in their residence as long as possible. Good oral and written communications. Good organizational skills
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assess music needs of the patient/family and provide music services to the hospice patients and their families, as appropriate.
2. Consult with interdisciplinary team about patient assess needs and prioritize intervention.
3. Document all care provided on the patients’ clinical record in accordance with Hospice’s documentation requirements.
4. Educate hospice staff and community about the role of the Music Services and the use of music interventions with hospice patients and families.
5. Assist with facilitating support groups upon request and ensure effective use of resources.
6. Adhere to the practice of confidentiality regarding patients, families, staff, and the organization.
7. Participate in Hospice’s success by ensuring access to our exceptional care.
8. Support and promote the Hospice’s mission to lead in providing exceptional patient centered end-of-life care and grief support to anyone affected by a terminal illness.
9. Participate in the organization’s quality assessment and performance improvement program.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Service Area: Omaha and Lincoln
Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM