Services: Lincoln, NE
POSITION SUMMARY The Speech Language Pathologist plans and implements programs designed to improve communication skills of patients with language and speech impairments, as well as defects and disorders of the voice and written communication arising from physiologic disturbances and defective articulation.
REPORTS TO: Director of Rehabilitation
Credentials: Certification by the American Speech and Hearing Association and licensed by the California Board of Medical Quality Assurance. Experience: 1+ years’ experience in Speech Pathology.
Core Competencies: Comprehensive knowledge of the rehabilitative services in hearing and speech disorder. Demonstrates ability to plan, organize and make effective decisions. Possesses ability to think critically and problem solve. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrates positive communication skills in interacting with all members of the team.
Other: Valid driver's license and auto insurance.
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides treatment as ordered by the attending physician.
2. Assists the physician in evaluating the level of function.
3. Assists the interdisciplinary team in developing and updating the plan of care.
4. Observes, records and reports information on the patient’s condition to the attending physician and in the patient’s medical record.
5. Advises, consults, and instructs the family and other agency personnel in patient’s therapy program.
6. Teaches and supervises other health personnel when appropriate.
7. Evaluates home environment and makes appropriate recommendations.
8. Participates in in-service programs, team conferences and utilization review as needed.
9. Submits supplemental orders at start of care and whenever the plan of care changes.
10. Keeps on-going communication with interdisciplinary team from start of care and continuing when patient’s condition changes, or when the plan of care changes.
11. Delivers all the required documentation to the offices of the Agency on the designated submission days of the week.
12. Completes records regarding services performed.
13. All other duties deemed necessary and appropriate.
as needed and available