RN, Operating Room Nurse Educator - Outpatient
Functions in a leadership role, in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team as a direct care provider and clinical expert. This Nurse Educator/Clinician will support the seven Atlanta Outpatient Surgical Centers to include: Alpharetta OPSC, Decatur Urology OPSC, Meridian Mark OPSC, Midtown OPSC, Peachtree Dunwoody Ophthalmology OPSC, Sandy Springs OPSC and, Tower OSPC. This educator will focus on OR initiatives and education working closely with the OPS Peri-Anesthesia Educator/Clinician and the Surgical Services Quality and Education team members who also support the Atlanta Outpatient Surgery Centers.
Develops and implements practice guidelines, participates as active and integral member of clinical pathway team, and maintains the established standards of care and practice through staff development, clinical improvement activities, and patient/staff education.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Three (3) years’ experience in clinical area, OR
- Bachelor’s in Nursing with Two (2) years experience in clinical area
- National certification required in specialty area, OR
- Must obtain certification within 12 months of assuming role, if not certified.
- Current BLS Card (CPR).
- B.S. degree in Nursing.
License/Certification Requirements: Yes
Work Hours: 6:45a-3:15p
Weekend Requirements: No
On-Call Requirements: No