Research Financial Analyst
This position supports the research program primarily in the management of pre- project or/and pre-award financial and administrative activities for research projects conducted at Northside Hospital.
Key responsibilities include:
- The review and finalization of the Medicare Coverage Analysis (MCA) and study cost analysis.
- The Research Financial Analyst supports the clinical staff conducting research by serving as the point of contact for pre-award financial administration issues related to clinical research projects and services.
- This position will assist the NSH research community by negotiating research budgets, and when needed working with legal counsel to finalize clinical trial agreements with sponsors and assisting with any federal grant submissions to sponsors.
Other responsibilities might include:
- Assisting with billing advisement, invoicing, and research project planning items, such as ensuring departmental support, establishing agreements with vendors that provide research services or agreements for institutions seeking vendor services from Northside Hospital.
- This position is important to the efficient, consistent and timely set-up and close of new research initiatives.
- This individual works closely with the Accounting, Finance and Revenue Integrity
1. Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or an applicable related field with up to 3 years of relevant experience.
a. An applicable related field may be business administration, accounting, law or an experienced Study Coordinator or Research Nurse with financial and/or contract management experience.
2. It is highly preferred that the individual have an understanding of Medicare billing rules and functional knowledge of essential National Coverage Decisions and the new CMS Clinical Research Policy.
3. Working knowledge of study accounting, billing and/or coding is preferred.
4. General understanding of Medicare National Coverage Determinations and Standard of Care items to complete a Medicare Coverage Analysis 5. Knowledge of key research financial regulations regarding research (e.g., FDA / OHRP / ORI / DHHS / NIH).
6. Knowledge of clinical research administration, Good Clinical Practices, and federal grants preferred.
7. Advanced experience using Microsoft Applications such as Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint
8. Effective professional communication skills; ability to communicate with others in a clear, understandable, and professional manner.
9. Strong attention to detail and ability to adhere to policies and procedures.
10. Effective organizational skills, effective follow-through and commitment to excellence.
11. Proven track record in customer service, attention to detail, and problem solving.
12. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
13. Must be flexible and adaptable, conditions and environment are unpredictable and change frequently.
PREFERRED: 1. Experience in a healthcare or community hospital setting strongly preferred
License/Certification Requirements: No
Work Hours: 8a-4:30p
Weekend Requirements: No
On-Call Requirements: No