Student Nurse Technician (Per Diem)
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 06/30/2021.
- Citizenship: Citizen of the United States.
- Language Proficiency: No person will be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C. chapter 73 or 74, to serve in a direct patient-care capacity in VHA who is not proficient in written and spoken English. Provisions of appendix II-I of chapter 3, this part will be used, as applicable, to determine that title 5 employees in direct patient-care positions meet the English language proficiency requirements of 38 U.S.C. 7402(d).
- Education: Enrollment in an accredited BSN program: the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC); OR the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Must be enrolled at least ½ time and in good standing as a sophomore or junior nursing student in an accredited BSN program. Supporting documentation must be submitted for consideration.
- Moderate lifting (15-44lbs);
- Moderate Carrying (15-44lbs);
- Straight Pulling (up to one hour);
- Pushing (1-2 hours);
- Reaching above shoulder;
- Use of fingers, both hands required;
- Walking (up to 3 hours);
- Standing (4-6 hours);
- Repeated bending (2 hours);
- Both legs required;
- Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously;
- Near vision correctable at 13" to 16";
- Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20.40 in the other;
- Depth perception;
- Ability to distinguish basic colors;
- Emotional and Mental stability;
- Hearing (aid permitted)
IMPORTANT: A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.