Cardiology/Cath Lab Registered Nurse (RN)
Loyal Source Government Services is currently hiring multiple-Cardiology/Cath Lab Registered Nurses-for the VAMC in Atlanta, GA-to work as a civilian.-
For more information please contact Claudia Lisenby at-407-591-3974-or via email at [email protected]
- All nurses considered for assignment to the Cath Lab shall have completed an accredited course in Intensive Care/Cath Lab Nursing as well certification in Moderate Sedation or equivalent.- In lieu of ICU certification, candidates shall possess at least five years clinical experience in an Intensive Care Unit or other critical care environment and must have worked within the last six months in one of the above settings.
- All registered nurses shall have at least three (3) years prior experience in an intensive care setting to include Critical Care/Cath Lab experience.
- Education requirements: required Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or in related field or a Master’s Degree in Nursing or in related field is highly preferred.
- Insertion of peripheral lines.
- Collection of blood samples by venipuncture, central lines and swan Ganz catheters.
- Drawing of arterial blood from existing lines.
- Hemodynamic Monitoring
- Under the physician’s direction, the nurses in ICU may remove peripheral intravenous lines,-central venous catheters and percutaneous arterial lines.
- In the event that the patient experiences chest pain or signs and symptoms of cardiac abnormalities, the nurse will perform a 12 lead EKG immediately.
- In the event that the patient develops asystole, ACLS protocol will be followed.
- In the event that a patient requires placement of an external pacemaker, the nurse will attach-the patient to a pacing wire and pacing generator.
- Records pertinent information in Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS), Clinical-Assessment Reporting and Tracking System-Catherization Laboratories (CART CL) and-WITT Systems tracking systems throughout the shift.
- Setup and monitoring for intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP)
- Setup and monitoring for Impella (Heart Pump) device for high-risk Percutaneous Coronary-Intervention (PCI) procedures
- Knowledge and/or experience working with patients who require Rotoblator, (Arterial plaque removal), and Cardiovascular Systems, Inc. (CSI) rotational atherectomy systems
Loyal Source is an Orlando-based workforce solutions provider dedicated to delivering elite services worldwide. With a focus in government healthcare, technical and support services, engineering, and travel healthcare, Loyal Source provides exceptional custom solutions to both private enterprise and government agencies. Loyal Source is a military friendly employers and proud partner of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership program.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.
Loyal Source does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.This contractor and subcontractor abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.